Intense Pulsed Light
IPL-Intense pulsed light is used to treat redness, “sun spots” or pigmented areas of the skin as well as small capillaries on the face. This is a great treatment for the winter months because staying out of the sun is crucial to the effectiveness of IPL. Sunlight can lead to the darkening of the treated areas.
To get the very best results from IPL therapy, we recommend that our patients do 5 IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments, performed 4 weeks apart.
IPL TREATS THE FOLLOWING:
- Sun Damage
- Age Spots
- Broken Blood Vessels
- Rough Skin Texture
- Abnormal Skin Redness
THINGS I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE MY IPL THERAPY TREATMENTS:
- Avoid sun exposure 4-6 weeks prior to beginning treatment and during your treatment regimen (this includes tanning beds and self-tanners or spray tan).
- Avoid makeup or topical skincare products the day of your treatment.
- Discontinue use of exfoliants like RetinA/Tretinoin 5-7 days prior to your treatment.
- Please notify us if you have a history of fever blisters. We may begin you on prophylactic antiviral therapy to prevent a flare-up.
- If you have any cosmetic tattooing near the area to be treated, this should be pointed out to your clinician.
- Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline or tetracycline should be discontinued three days prior to your treatment.
Schedule a complimentary consultation to learn more!
GIVE US A CALL (229) 236-6742
1019 E. Jackson St.
Thomasville, GA 31792
(229) 236-6742 clinic
(229) 977-1541 cell
We offer extended hours or professional hours until 7pm the 2nd Monday of each month to better serve those who can’t take off work or live out of town.
8am – 5pm
8am – 12pm